LIFESTYLE NEWS - We all get a craving for fast food every now and again – unless you’re super motivated, which is great so kudos to you.
But next time you find yourself outside a fast food joint, use the following tips to keep the meal slightly healthier than usual.
1. Stick to a single hamburger patty.
2. Hold or go light on the mayonnaise.
3. Go easy on special sauces, which add a lot of calories.
4. Say no to bacon, cheese, onion rings, and other calorie-laden burger toppings.
5. Skip the fries – and the shake.
6. Control your portion size.
7. Try to fill up with a side salad.
8. Choose lighter cheese options on pizza – or even a healthier base.
9. Aim to keep the entire meal 500 calories or less.
10. Opt for foods that are lower in fat, and higher in protein and fibre.