WESTERN CAPE NEWS - As of 13:00 on 22 October, the Western Cape has 3247 active Covid-19 infections with a total of 114 534 confirmed Covid-19 cases and 106 979 recoveries.
- Total confirmed Covid-19 cases - 114 534
- Total recoveries - 106 979
- Total deaths - 4 308
- Total active cases (currently infected patients) - 3 247
- Test conducted - 649 469
- Hospitalisation - 538 with 111 of these in ICU or high care
The Western Cape has recorded an additional 7 deaths, bringing the total number of COVID-19 related deaths in the province to 4308. We send our condolences to their loved ones at this time.
Garden Route District
- Bitou - 658 cases, 627 recoveries
- Knysna - 1610 cases, 1538 recoveries
- George - 3778 cases, 3510 recoveries
- Hessequa - 346 cases, 315 recoveries
- Kannaland - 142 cases, 131 recoveries
- Mossel Bay - 2524 cases, 2391 recoveries
- Oudtshoorn 1570 cases, 1398 recoveries
It is not always possible to check and verify that the address data supplied for each new recorded case is correct, within the time frames required to provide regular and timely updates. This means that in some instances, cases could be allocated to the wrong sub-districts. We are working with the sub-districts to clean and verify the data and where errors are picked up locally, cases will be re-allocated to the correct areas.
The number of tests conducted has shown a significant increase in today's update. This is due to the addition of historical testing data, as we work to review data and ensure its accuracy. These historical tests were largely negative and therefore do not impact our case numbers in any significant way.
'We bring you the Garden Route, Hessequa, Karoo news'