NATIONAL NEWS - Motorists can expect an increase in vehicle registration and licencing fees from 1 April. This was confirmed by the Department of Transport and Public Works earlier this week.
However, the good news is that you can now register and pay renewals online by following these easy steps:
- Receiving motor vehicle renewal notice online
• Access the website by typing in https://online.natis.gov.za/#/
• Then click on register profile.
• Enter applicant details if individual or organisation.
• Verify applicant or organisation details.
• If an individual: initials, name, surname, licence type and licence number will be required.
• If an organisation: proxy identity type and proxy identity number will be needed.
• Enter contact details.
• A one-time pin is sent to the e-mail address or cellphone number provided.
• The applicant can now click on access service.
- Paying your licence renewal online
Pay the renewal amount into the following bank account and use your licence number as reference:
Bank - Absa
Account number - 010 222 20981
Branch code - 632 005
Type - cheque account
"Once the payment reflects on the bank statement. the licence will be processed and the client will be contacted to collect the disc. If the disc needs to be mailed, the client may indicate it in the e-mail to the authorities when they apply for the renewal," says George municipal communications officer, Debra Sauer.
For more information please phone the George motor vehicle licencing department on 044 801 9310.
'We bring you the latest George, Garden Route news'