GEORGE NEWS - The George Municipality Electrotechnical Directorate expects that electricity will be restored to Witfontein residents by tomorrow, Tuesday 30 June. In a statement this afternoon it apologises for the inconvenience and assures residents that teams are working round the clock to fix the problem.
According to the directorate, electricians need to re-build a considerable section of the 11kV line that was damaged during the heavy winds over the weekend.
In the meantime the directorate is getting generators to some domestic households.
Regrettably it cannot do the same for the businesses affected.
Please report power outages, broken street lights and faulty traffic lights to:
- 044 801 9222 (7.45am-4.30pm)
- 044 801 9202
- 044 801 6300 (after hours)
Estimated response times from recorded time of complaint at above numbers:
- Low voltage electricity - within 24 hours
- High voltage electricity faults - can be longer 24 hours depending on type of fault.
- Street lights - three to four weeks
'We bring you the latest George, Garden Route news'