GEORGE NEWS - The Garden Route Dam level is currently at 71.33%.
The latest reading was taken by the George Municipality this morning, Wednesday 12 September.
69mm rainfall has been recorded since 6 September.
The following Section 2B water restrictions currently apply in George and surrounds:
• Handheld watering of gardens using a hose and municipal water: even-numbered households Mondays and Thursdays, 15:00 - 17:00 AND uneven-numbered households Tuesdays and Fridays, 15:00 - 17:00.
• Mechanical irrigation of gardens (sprayers) using municipal water is prohibited.
• Watering sports fields using municipal water is prohibited, except for golf course greens, bowling greens and cricket pitches, daily 15:00 - 17:00.
• Filling up of swimming pools using municipal water is prohibited.
• Washing cars with a hose using municipal water is prohibited (buckets allowed), except for commercial car washes.
• Cleaning of outside surfaces using a hosepipe with municipal water is prohibited (buckets allowed).
• “OWN WATER” signage must be displayed where applicable and must be proven on request by municipal officials.
• Applications for exemption of some restrictions may be considered on merit.
'We bring you the latest George, Garden Route news'