GEORGE NEWS - The latest water update, supplied by George Municipality:
- Garden Route Dam level: 100% (since 7 October 2020)
- Rainfall since 21 January 2021: 12,5mm
- Demand/usage: 31.137 megalitres
The dam level is based on the spillway and dam wall height before it was raised. Re-calibration of the dam has commenced and is dependent on several factors.
Adjusted readings will be implemented and reported once new capacity has been confirmed, the time period of this is unknown.
Section 2B water restrictions currently apply in George and surrounds
• Handheld watering of gardens using a hose using municipal water: even-numbered households Mondays and Thursdays, 19:00-21:00 (summer) and 15:00-17:00 (winter) AND uneven-numbered households Tuesdays and Fridays, 19:00-21:00 (summer) and 15:00-17:00 (winter).
• Mechanical irrigation of gardens (sprayers) using municipal water is prohibited.
• Watering sports fields using municipal water is prohibited, except for golf course greens, bowling greens and cricket pitches, daily 19:00-21:00 (summer) and 15:00-17:00 (winter).
• Filling up of swimming pools using municipal water is prohibited.
• Washing cars with a hose using municipal water is prohibited (buckets allowed, rainwater encouraged), except for commercial car washes.
• Cleaning of outside surfaces using a hosepipe with municipal water is prohibited (buckets allowed, rainwater encouraged).
• “OWN WATER” signage must be displayed where applicable and must be proven on request by municipal officials.
• Applications for exemption of some restrictions may be considered on merit.
Report water leaks and burst pipes to 044 801 9262/66 or after hours at 044 801 6300.
'We bring you the latest George, Garden Route news'