GEORGE NEWS - The Garden Route Dam's level has decreased slightly from 94.7% (down from 95.2%). Since 26 March 14,5mm rain has fallen and the demand / usage is 27,969 megalitres.
(Please note the Garden Route Dam must be recalibrated by the Department of Water Affairs following the raising of the spillway and dam wall. Until this process has been completed all readings are based on the previous spillway and dam wall height.)
The George-municipality also reminds residents and visitors that section 2B water restrictions still apply in the city and surrounds.
• Handheld watering of gardens using a hose using municipal water: even-numbered households Mondays and Thursdays, 7pm-9pm (summer) and 3pm-5pm (winter) AND uneven-numbered households Tuesdays and Fridays, 7pm-9pm (summer) and 3pm-5pm (winter)
• Mechanical irrigation of gardens (sprayers) using municipal water is prohibited.
• Watering sports fields using municipal water is prohibited, except for golf course greens, bowling greens and cricket pitches, daily 7pm-9pm (summer) and 3pm-5pm (winter).
• Filling up of swimming pools using municipal water is prohibited.
• Washing cars with a hose using municipal water is prohibited (buckets allowed, rainwater encouraged), except for commercial car washes.
• Cleaning of outside surfaces using a hosepipe with municipal water is prohibited (buckets allowed, rainwater encouraged).
• “OWN WATER” signage must be displayed where applicable and must be proven on request by municipal officials.
• Applications for exemption of some restrictions may be considered on merit.
Report water leaks and burst pipes to 044 801 9262 or after hours at 044 801 6300, as soon as you notice them.
Report contraventions of water restrictions on 0800 424 277. Fines may apply.
'We bring you the latest George, Garden Route news'