GEORGE NEWSFLASH AND VIDEO - A house at 61 Merriman Street burnt out in the early hours of this morning, Tuesday 5 December.
The owner of the house and his Dutch visitors enjoyed a braai last night. After the meal they all went to sleep. They were allegedly awoken by the fire around 04:30 this morning.
Everything at the back of the house has been totally destroyed.
The fire brigade is on the scene and the embers are still alive and smouldering.
More news to follow as it becomes available.
Watch a video below.
All occupants of the house were allegedly awoken by the fire around 04:30.
This photo was taken by Jason Coetzee.
ARTICLE, VIDEO & PHOTOS: MYRON RABINOWITZ, GEORGE HERALD JOURNALIST
'We bring you the latest George, Garden Route news'