GARDEN ROUTE NEWS - Nadia Ferreira of the Western Cape Health Department asks that residents of the Garden Route take note of the following health service delivery key points in place during the lockdown:
- Unfortunately no visitation at hospitals during lockdown
- Non-urgent operations have been cancelled or postponed
- Patients on chronic medication will receive 2 months’ supply
- TB patients should still visit their clinic for daily medication
- Patients who need to seek emergency life-saving care, preventative services such as family planning, pre- and antenatal care and immunisations, can attend their facility as well as those who have had their appointments confirmed.
- If you are not sure when to seek medical care call the Hotline: 021 928 4102
- COVID-19 testing is done at select sites in the different sub-districts. Contact the Hotline first. If you are still uncertain, enquire from your local clinic or hospital.
Visit: http://westerncape.gov.za/coronavirus for regular updated material and factually correct news and information.
'We bring you the latest Garden Route, Hessequa, Karoo news'