GEORGE NEWS - George Municipality Cleansing department will have a clean-up along the N2 in the Rosedale area this coming Friday, 13 November as part of our Illegal Dumping awareness campaign.
Members of the public that would like to join in, can meet the team at 10:00 at the Rosedale Community Hall, Genesis Street. The clean-up will end between 12:00 and 13:00.
The department will provide people assisting with gloves, face masks and sanitiser.
Due to illegal dumping along the N2, the team has decided to have a clean-up campaign while making people aware of illegal dumping.
The team would like to have a clean-up at all areas along the N2 and is making a start in Rosedale.
For more information please contact Ethan Stoffels or Karin Stoffels on 044 802 2900 during office hours.
REPORT ILLEGAL DUMPING
What is illegal dumping?
Illegal dumping is anything you throw away in a place where it does not belong.
· If you know who is dumping illegally, report them to 044 801 6350 or firstname.lastname@example.org or 044 801 6300 (a/h).
· Information that will help the case for a warning or fine: car description and/or registration number, address of alleged perpetrator, type of waste and address of where it was dumped. A cellphone photo of dumping in action will help, but is not essential.
· Report dumped waste for collection to 044 802 2900 or 044 801 6300 (a/h).
ILLEGAL DUMPING IS EVERYBODY’S PROBLEM
If you throw your junk just anywhere, it will eventually become your
problem some way or another. It can make you sick or kill you.
REFUSE REMOVAL: GENERAL
· Households may put out seven black, four green and an unlimited number of blue bags. Additional tied bundles of branches are allowed if they are shorter than a metre in length and can be picked up by one person.
· BLUE bags are for non-soiled recyclable materials, including plastic, paper, cardboard, glass etc.
· GREEN bags are for green waste, including organic kitchen waste such as fruit and vegetable peels, as well as garden waste, including grass cuttings, leaves etc. No soil is allowed in green bags.
· BLACK bags are for ‘wet’ waste, things that cannot be recycled.
· All refuse bags must be put out by 07:00 on removal day.
Please don’t put bags out the day or night before removal.
· Please wrap broken glass in newspaper before placing in bags to prevent injuries to workers.
· A pack of 26 black bags are distributed to households quarterly.
· Blue and green bags are collected on the same day as black bag refuse removal but not at the same time. A separate trip is made for the collection of the blue bags. Participating households will receive two blue and two green replacement bags.
· Households or businesses that are actively recycling and require additional green or blue bags, can collect from the municipality Environmental Services department at 82 Meade Street.
'We bring you the latest George, Garden Route news'