Download Sport Guide
Arts & Entertainment
Download TV Guide
Submit an Event
The Jolly Lama
Those Camera Guys
Inspirasie viri Nasie
Life in the Slow Lane
Avoid the flu
LIFESTYLE NEWS - With winter around the corner, it is time again to protect oneself against contracting influenza.
The Western Cape Department Health has a number of tips on preventative measures that will lower your risk of getting flu:
1. Avoid close contact with people who are sick. When you are sick, keep your distance from others.
2. If possible, stay home from work, school or errands when you are sick. You will help prevent others from catching your illness.
3. Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. It may prevent those around you from getting sick.
4. Washing your hands often will help protect you from germs. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand rub.
5. Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs are often spread when a person touches something that is contaminated with germs and then touches his or her eyes, nose, or mouth.
6. Practise other good health habits: Get plenty of sleep, be physically active, manage your stress, drink plenty of fluids, and eat nutritious food.
Vaccination is currently available, free of charge, at community health centres and clinics to people who are at high risk for influenza-related complications because of underlying medical conditions.
Visit your nearest clinic for more information.
09:35 (GMT+2), Mon, 23 April 2012
you will be directed to the registration page. Once you have completed the registration process, please return to this page.
Latest Lifestyle News
Week of free wills
Wet winter conditions to increase hayfever
Metering device helps shame heavy shower users to stop
Hand washing important for disease prevention
E-cigarettes should be banned for minors: US Heart Assn
More Lifestyle News >
Three fires have fire brigades on the run
E-tolls immoral: Cosatu
Zimbabwe police beat. detain opposition protesters
3 playful lion cubs debut at Johannesburg Zoo
Witbank protesters torch bus
More News >
New Zealand Dollar
Sin City II: A Dame to kill for
Fans of Frank Miller's Sin City graphic novel series are in for a treat...
This adrenaline-fueled, visual effects-driven action thriller stars...
Spook van Uniondale
Stefan (Adam Tas) is a young businessman who is on his way to visit his...
Tammy (Melissa McCarthy) is having a bad day. She's written off her car,...
The Hundred-Foot Journey
This family drama starring Dame Helen Mirren and produced by Oprah Winfrey...
More Movie Trailers >
Air hockey is one of everyone's favorite challenges! Represent your...
Mini Pool 3
This is the most advanced edition of the popular online version of Pool...
In this Digital Domino Game all the rules are the same as the real game....
The classic mind-wracking math puzzle game is now online! With a brad new...
More Games >
Are you more aware and on higher alert in the George CBD after the recent spate of armed robberies at local businesses?
I'm a 67 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 45 and 66.
I'm a 54 year old man looking to meet women between the ages of 40 and 54.
View more profiles...
I'm a 31 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 29 and 42.
I'm a 26 year old woman looking to meet men between the ages of 29 and 35.
View more profiles...
Copyright © 2014 Group Editors Co PTY Ltd t/a George Herald